How to Understand God (HUG)
The monthly focus is a written excerpt taken from one of Jim and Brian’s talks, with a link to listen to the entire talk. In holding to a one-pointed focus on Spirit, each month we post a new written excerpt by either Jim or Brian. The worldwide monthly focus on Spirit helps us collectively deepen our understanding of God.
February 2021 — PANIC AND FEAR TO FREEDOM AND PEACE
Monthly Focus ~
Open up to and experience God’s Grace and Loving.
Full Excerpt ~ Brian Yeakey
This action of Grace is truly that action of God’s Loving through the Light and Sound of the Holy Spirit, through that Sacred Name or that Living Word that God has given us the soul, the child of God. That “Way”, those tools, that which we can truly utilize to do our part, to restore ourselves in that greater Beingness and knowing fully.
Not through belief. Not through a hope or a wish. Not through trust and faith, but actually through living experience and reality of what that is. And that’s what we want to get back to. Because when we have that, all that Jim was just sharing about that inner peace, that’s where that comes from. That peace doesn’t come just because you believe something.
Think about it. How much have you believed in something and the more you try to enforce that belief – I say this because there’s a lot of groups out there doing a lot of personal growth saying, “the more you believe it, it’ll become so”. How many things have you believed so much that when you try to empower that belief, you get stressed out, it creates anxiety and pressure within you?
Let that sink in a moment. Just take a few moments here. Does anything come present? Is there anything you were aware of just even in the last week that you’ve been trying to reinforce, even as a positive, self-improvement, something good, even for yourself, even a positive affirmation? Have you tried to make it so through your own volition? Has that created peace for you or has that created stress and anxiety trying to make it so?
I’m saying and asking these questions so that you look at yourself and you know and pay attention to, whatever you do and choose to believe inside of you, what it creates inside of you. Therein lies the indicators of whether you’re on course or off course from the Truth of God’s Grace and Loving. God’s Grace and Loving will always produce peace, calm, focus, clarity, awareness, wisdom, discernment, just as Jim was sharing.
So if we want that, it is something we’ve got to open up to and experience. It is not something we create. It is not something we produce. It is not something we make happen. That is only of the mind, emotions, and ego that do all the other.
All the Peace and Loving and Joy is the nature of God, and all we have to do is then open up and move into That which already Is, the Living Truth and Essence, the way it is.
I’m purposely taking moments to pause and be still, so hopefully, this is sinking in. All we have to do is pay attention and be aware inside of ourselves. Whatever we’re doing in ourselves, if it creates a push, a stress, a want, a desire, anxiety, that is coming from the ego. Regardless of what it is we’re thinking, believing how we feel about it, what our fantasies and imagination is around it, and whatever we want in our physical life, if it creates a state of anxiety, that’s not of Spirit.
When it’s truly of Spirit, it’ll always bring peace, love, joy, gratitude, expansion, cooperation, and communion. It’ll bring embrace. It includes. It accepts.
So these are the things we want to pay attention to within ourselves with whatever we’re doing in our inner kingdom to see what state of consciousness we find ourselves in. Are we in reaction again, or are we in peace? Because the two are mutually exclusive. They do not exist together. They are separate.
The funny thing is, peace will surround and embrace reaction, but when we’re in a state of reaction, it literally shuts the door to our awareness and experience of peace. We have to let go of our reaction to allow peace now into our consciousness to experience it, which is what we’re doing in meditation – in meditation, here at the seat of the soul, the spiritual eye, “this door that is round”, that Rumi talks about, “and open”.
In meditation, we’re opening the door, the inner window, the eye, whatever you want to call it. When we get that open and we are now in that flow of God’s Loving, that Grace of the Holy Spirit is pouring in us, lifting us, clearing us, as Jim was saying, surrounding us, guiding us, protecting us.
When all that is truly going on, because we have simply opened the door and invited it in and made it our choice to step into that, we will really know the difference and that’s all that our concern will be.
Monthly Focus “going Home work” ~
- Do 2.5 hours of daily meditation, and listen to the talk by Brian Yeakey titled: PANIC AND FEAR TO FREEDOM AND PEACE, 03/10/2020
- Listen to the guided meditation by Brian Yeakey titled: PANIC AND FEAR TO FREEDOM AND PEACE, 03/10/2020
- Journal the following (daily):
- Ask yourself: What has created peace for me? Journal about it.
- Ask yourself: What has created stress and anxiety for me? Write those things down.
- Contemplate the following statement by Brian, and then write your awarenesses: When it’s truly of Spirit, it’ll always bring peace, love, joy, gratitude, expansion, cooperation, and communion. It’ll bring embrace. It includes. It accepts. So these are the things we want to pay attention to within ourselves with whatever we’re doing in our inner kingdom to see what state of consciousness we find ourselves in. Are we in reaction again, or are we in peace?
- Answer this question in your journal: How do you go into Peace?
Setting Your Intention for Daily Meditation
Use the quotes below as a guide in how you can approach your meditation, and write your own statement of intention for your daily meditation:
- Peace will surround and embrace reaction.
- In meditation, we’re opening the door, the inner window, the eye, whatever you want to call it. When we get that open and we are now in that flow of God’s Loving, that Grace of the Holy Spirit is pouring in us, lifting us, clearing us, as Jim was saying, surrounding us, guiding us, protecting us.