How to Understand God (HUG)
The monthly focus is a written excerpt taken from one of Jim and Brian’s talks, with a link to listen to the entire talk. In holding to a one-pointed focus on Spirit, each month we post a new written excerpt by either Jim or Brian. The worldwide monthly focus on Spirit helps us collectively deepen our understanding of God.
August 2020 — INVITING GOD IN
Monthly Focus ~
Meditation is an invitation. ~ Jim Gordon
Invite God’s Loving in to walk with you. ~ Brian Yeakey
Full Excerpt ~ Brian Yeakey
Join in. Participate. Look forward to the experiences as you walk through them, and invite God’s Loving in to walk with you. It is, that invitation, in inviting God in, is where you, in a sense, in truth are getting into the River, into God. You are getting into God, and allowing God into you. And that’s where it begins to truly change, and shift, transform your life, your True life, which is inside.
And outwardly? It’ll be whatever it’s going to be. But I know outwardly, it’s always easier when I allow the true transformation inside to take place. So change it inside, get in the River. Invite God in through all those experiences where you go into reaction and fear and judgment, where you get upset and frustrated or feel stuck. Whatever you do, invite God in. So that “me, myself, and I” come into alignment and allow that greater Truth, that is God, to walk fully in us and with us, so that we as soul, step-free.
That’s the spiritual pathway. That’s the walk of freedom. For you to really journey from the seat of the soul into the Astral, the Causal, the Mental, the Etheric, and the Soul and the Realms of Spirit, we’ve got to also journey through this inner kingdom of the “me, myself, and I”. That’s usually the greater challenge. That’s where so many times, any of us find ourselves caught up and frustrated saying, “Why am I not having experience in meditation?” Are you doing the inner kingdom work? Are you loving yourself? Are you loving “me” – the “me” in you?
Are you loving the “me, myself, and I” – all of the self? Because that journey of the inner kingdom is where your responsibility lies. It is as you do that, in taking responsibility, is simply loving, accepting, and forgiving. As you do that, as you do the inner kingdom work, is how you set yourself free to rise up as soul, to the seat of the soul, here, and then begin to take that greater journey out of the body, beyond the Physical, to the greater journey of Spirit in the outer kingdom.
So if you find yourself stuck, upset, whether you’re not having inner experience in meditation or just in life in general, start to do more of that inner kingdom work of loving self. You might find some real magic or miracles, but really it’s just a normal ordinary flow of Spirit. But as you really do that inner kingdom work, you may begin to find the greater freedom in your meditation, in the outer kingdom experience. That’s that whole phrase, “You do your 10% and God does the other 90%”. But you have to do your 10% to really wake up and experience what God is doing with you in the other 90%.
When you free up the inner kingdom, it’s so much easier to experience that greater fullness that we’re all truly seeking – the soul returning Home to the Realm of Soul. But first, we’ve got to awaken to the soul within here, the Physical Realm, and that’s the inner kingdom. Then the soul is freer to now journey through the outer kingdom and return to the fullness in the Soul Realm.
So, realize the different steps of the journey here. It’s all important. All of it – the purple light, the blue light, the gold light, the white light, and all the others. They’re all part of the journey. But there’s one action, and it’s just Loving. It’s just Loving. But in that movement of Loving, there are those different aspects of self that we are learning and growing by walking through.
Full Excerpt ~ Jim Gordon
Keep it simple. And when it isn’t simple, bring yourself back into that focus of simplicity of Loving. Don’t love this world. Don’t even project your loving into this world. Always hold your loving with God, hold your loving where God dwells within you. And automatically, automatically that Loving will expand, explode, will move in all directions of your beingness, in all expressions of your beingness. You do not have to direct it anywhere. God, that is you, will just immediately radiate out that Living Loving Essence that is the Lord in you, into all of you, all of your creations, all of your actions and reactions, everything.
And Loving transforms. Loving transforms everything into Loving, or it allows everything that is not of Loving to be released, dismissed, drop away from your presence, from your experience. And you stand in the Loving in that moment. And then the key is, to do it again in the next moment and do it again in the next moment. It would be wonderful if we could wake up in the Divine knowing of God within us and live it forevermore while we’re here in the physical form.
In Spirit, it’s easy to do – to live in the Divine knowing of the Lord all the time, and to live in that movement of Loving all the time, if you are totally in the Spirit. But when you’re in the physical form, you have other elements to also be a part of an action, an expression in creativity, in movement, and those things can be an enhancement to the Divine knowing, and they also can be a hindrance to the Divine knowing. And it takes time for us to begin to wake up and understand all these different components of self-expression, self-experience, self-being in this creation, but to always stay focused in the knowing of ourselves as the Divine first, as that Living Loving Essence.
So be patient with yourself and be patient with this process. And in every given moment that you can, keep your attention here, at the seat of the soul, eyes open, eyes closed, meditating, or driving, or working, or eating, or sleeping. Even in the sleep state, keep bringing your attention here, to the seat of the soul. When you’re in the middle of a dream if you could wake up enough into that dream, bring your attention here, to the seat of the soul. Wake up and know God in the dream. Wake up and know God in you in the dream. And Loving will go in there and transform that dream into something quite wonderful, beautiful, transformative, ever-changing.
And that’s what God is ever doing when given permission here, at the seat of the soul. But we have to give the Divine in us opportunity and permission. God does not impose, God offers. And God will not impose but will come in if invited.
We at these levels of mind, emotion, body, all these components of the physical self, we here who have gotten caught up and have lost our vision of the true self, and believe ourselves to be this body in all its components, have got to invite God in, because God will not impose God’s self into them, but God will come in, if invited.
That’s what meditation is – meditation is an invitation. When you sit down and you meditate, you are doing one thing: you’re inviting God into all these elements of self that you have gotten caught up in, you have gotten lost in, you’ve gotten distracted by in that downward and outward focus. You’re inviting God in to participate, to begin to take charge, to begin to bring balance, and alignment, and healing, and nurturing, to bring you out of that reactiveness of the realms of polarity, and into that place of neutrality that is God, that is Loving, that is that Sound Current.
So, when you sit down to meditate and you hold your attention here, at the seat of the soul, and you begin to say HU or ANI HU, or that Sacred Name of God, you are truly saying, “Lord, I acknowledge You as me, and I acknowledged me as You. You and I are One. I and the Father are One. I am God, and as I am God, I now invite all that is I am God into every aspect, every part of my beingness that is an experience here in the physical form. Come into my unconscious, come into my mind, come into my emotions, come into my imagination, come into my body, come into everything that I do, everything that I say, everything that I create, everything that I believe. Come into every action and reaction, come into everything. I invite you into this and just let your Loving do what it will do. Transform me, heal me, balance me, awaken me, stir me into the Divine knowing.”
That’s what we do when we meditate. We are inviting God in. We are giving permission for the Divine that is us to now begin to participate with us and in a sense to take charge.
Monthly Focus “going Home work” ~
What does this quote mean to you? And how can you use it in meditation and in your inner kingdom work?
“Lord, I acknowledge You as me, and I acknowledged me as You. You and I are One. I and the Father are One. I am God, and as I am God, I now invite all that is I am God into every aspect, every part of my beingness that is an experience here in the physical form. Come into my unconscious, come into my mind, come into my emotions, come into my imagination, come into my body, come into everything that I do, everything that I say, everything that I create, everything that I believe. Come into every action and reaction, come into everything. I invite you into this and just let your Loving do what it will do. Transform me, heal me, balance me, awaken me, stir me into the Divine knowing.”
Write your own invitation to invite God into your meditation, and into your inner kingdom work!