How to Understand God (HUG)
The monthly focus is a written excerpt taken from one of Jim and Brian’s talks, with a link to listen to the entire talk. In holding to a one-pointed focus on Spirit, each month we post a new written excerpt by either Jim or Brian. The worldwide monthly focus on Spirit helps us collectively deepen our understanding of God.
May 2019 — A TALK ON FORGIVENESS AT HAWAII LAF RETREAT 2018
If you want to understand forgiveness, or you want to understand loving, or you want to understand acceptance, you’ve got to go inside your own soul and bring it forward.
Full Monthly Focus~
How do you do forgiveness? What does forgiveness feel like? What does it look like? Because, you know, we say, “Okay now forgive,” and people have all these different concepts of what forgiveness is. Yet, in God, there’s a certain energy, a certain flow, a certain consciousness that is forgiveness. That’s what God wants us to become; is that forgiving energy.
…The key is, that if you want to understand forgiveness, or you want to understand loving, or you want to understand acceptance, you’ve got to go inside your own soul and bring it forward. It’s in here, at the seat of the soul, in you; it’s not in the mind. You’ll never understand it. You’ll never conceptualize it. You’ll never feel it. It doesn’t have a feeling to it. It is a true manifestation of God’s Loving.
So that’s why we ask you to do: love and accept and forgive. In loving, accepting, and forgiving you are bringing forward, out of your own soul, the truth of who you are.
Monthly Focus “going Home work” ~
- Do two and a half hours of daily meditation, and listen to the guided meditation by Brian Yeakey from TIME FOR DEVOTION
- Listen to the talk titled: FORGIVENESS from LAF Course 7, by Jim Gordon
- Journal focus for this month ~
- Write three things that were meaningful to you from Jim’s talk on Forgiveness from LAF Course 7.
- Write about how you will implement these three meaningful things into your daily life.
- Contemplation ~
- What is there inside of me that I can let go of that I haven’t been able to let go of?
- What can I replace it with?
- I invite God in and fill that place with Loving.
- Listen to the guided LAF 5 STEP MEDITATION from LAF Course 7, by Kelsie Mc Sherry