BRIAN YEAKEY & JIM GORDON, THE ORDINARINESS OF GOD’S TEACHINGS | 03/10/2019
Monthly Focus Statement of Truth
Judge Me Not
Excerpts by Brian Yeakey and Jim Gordon
Do you look at what you’re running, what you think is right and wrong? What do you do with that – and then you use that to make yourself righteous and judge others and think they’re wrong because they’re doing it differently?
Even if you were right, whatever that is, what good is it going to do to judge another? We don’t have to participate with another. But just a judgment, we don’t realize just doing that creates a separation in our consciousness, that now closes the door to the Holy Spirit. That’s where we ever want to be watchful.
When I find myself going into the judgment, when I say, “Oh, there I go again. You know what? Let me open the door back in. ‘God, I invite you into my judgment. I love myself for judging. I love the judgment itself, and it’s all okay. And I let it go.'”
We have to let go of our rightfulness and our wrongfulness. That’s how we arrive to that place of neutrality. All the other pulls us down, and it’s simply out of the choices we make.
For the next week, pay attention to judgment: judgment of others, and judgment of self. And remember that the word truly is meant to mean judge me not. That can be turned around in two ways: judge me not – judge myself not; and judge the me in others not – judge me not out there.
See how you use your energy, and see how you use that energy in judgment. It’s all Loving. Everything that you have to give is the Loving essence of you. How are you using that Loving essence? Are you using it to share Loving with others that they might know the Loving within themselves? Or are you sharing that Loving misdefined as judgment on others and now you’ve just fed their judgment and made it stronger?
How about what’s coming to you? Are you accepting the judgment that other people are putting onto you, consciously or unconsciously? Just accepting it, “Oh, thank you! I really appreciate that! Now I hate myself even more because of you, thank you!” (Laughs).
Or do you see judgments coming to you from other people and look at it and say, “And I release that back to you in Loving, that the Loving might assist you in how you live your life differently in this action that you’re doing called judgment of others and judgment of yourself.”?
Monthly Focus “going Home work” ~
- Do two and a half hours of daily meditation.
- Listen to the guided meditation by Brian Yeakey from THE ORDINARINESS OF GOD’S TEACHINGS (link at the bottom of the page).
- Listen to the talks titled: THE ORDINARINESS OF GOD’S TEACHINGS, by Brian Yeakey and Jim Gordon (link at the top of the page).
- Journal focus for this month ~
- Write three things that were meaningful to you from Brian and Jim’s talks on inviting God, the Loving, into judgments of self and others.
- Write about how you will implement these three meaningful things into your daily life; for example: How you are releasing judgments on yourself and others.